Monday 7 January 2013

2013

First of all I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

As is custom with New Year I thought I'd share a few of my resolutions with you.....

1. Swim at least 3 miles a week. I hate exercise in general. I can't jog. I can sprint but I'm fully aware of how much of an idiot I would look sprinting full pelt down the streets. Also, after a long day at work I can't be bothered to go and play squash or go to the gym to pound on the treadmill, so seeing as though I actually LOVE swimming and used to swim for the county team I have decided to swim at least 3 miles a week. And whilst I'm swimming I get time to just let my thoughts run wild....which brings me on to my second resolution....

2. Write another book. Okay, so I've written 12 already. "Why are you not concentrating on publishing the ones you've already written?" I hear you asking. It's quite simple; I LOVE writing too much. I love when those ideas and quotes that buzz around my head fit to a character and the characters fit into a new story. I just love creating new stuff and I don't think I'll ever be able to stop. I probably won't be able to write as quickly or as much as I usually do because of all the other stuff going on but I have a whole 12 months. Should be easy!

3. Eat healthily. I'm not going to go on about this. A lot of people have this as a resolution but when I'm eating 4 take outs a night I know things need to improve with my diet.

4. Self publish my book. Yep, this is it guys... 2013 - the year I self publish my book. I've only just begun to bimble down this road properly and already I can tell that's it going to be a lot of hard work and determination in order for me to succeed. It's a good job I'm ready for it. I'm going to be blogging more, they'll be a website up and running within the next few months and I have to sort a cover out for my soon-to-be published book. On top of all that I work full time and have a four year old to look after! Phhew. I'm going to be needing a holiday in the summer!!

Speak to you all soon!!

Beckie x

No comments:

Post a Comment