Monday 27 May 2013

*TEASER#1* for SORROW WOODS!!


Hi lovelies! 

Here is the teaser for Sorrow Woods that you voted for. I hope you like it!


<!--[if !vml]-->

I’m pleased to announce that you unanimously voted for option number 4. And because I’m really nice I've decided to treat you. Instead of just a quote I've given you 700 words! So, here it is guys......enjoy!

Beckie x x x


****P.S If you're reading this in goodreads it doesn't format correctly. You'll have to head over to my blog page to see it correctly.****

  

Kaiden

It’s been way too long. I’ve looked into her green eyes that sparkle with innocence, and stared down at her plump, never-been-kissed lips too many times for me to be able to resist this time.
                I know she’s standing there, frightened and frozen to the spot because of what she’s just witnessed. I know even as I start to walk slowly towards her that I should be turning around and walking right out of here. I can’t see or hear her, but I know she’s crying, and I know it’s because of me. I walk across the bare floorboards, purposley letting my feet drop down heavily onto the floor so that she can hear me approaching. I stop when I’m directly behind her.
The moonlight streams in through the window that she’s leaning against and bathes her in a pale glow that defines and silhouettes her body against the glass. I flick my eyes over her head to see if she’s actually looking at anything, but only the ocean, that’s filled with the dark of the night, and the deserted beach stare back at me. I look back at her and hear myself suck in a quick breath. I shouldn’t be doing this. It’s Serena; she’s untouchable in a way that I’d never imagined. I shake my head. I have to do this. I won’t be able to sleep if I walk away from her without feeling her. I breathe out gently and dip my head until my chin is resting on her shoulder. When I look up at her I can see just enough of her face to know that she's in pain. It’s just another reminder that I shouldn’t be here, and that I certainly shouldn’t be doing what I’m about to do.
                She moves her head a fraction, sending a wave of her coconut smelling shampoo over my face. She smells good. Too good. I watch her for a few seconds as she just stands there, staring at nothing and acting as if I’m not even in the same room as her. She’s so beautiful it almost hurts to look at her. I want her. I ache to touch her. No other girl has ever affected me the way she has and a part of me hates her for it. I hate myself.
                The underneath of my jaw brushes against her soft, silky skin. I’m fully aware that I haven’t shaved for a few days and wonder if she’ll say anything about how I prickle her. I don’t want to give her the chance to speak so she can tell me to stop, so I turn my head into her and skim my lips over the sensitive part of her neck, just underneath her ear. I press them against her as carefully and as slowly as I can and kiss her. Just the once. I want so much more, but I know I can’t.
                “Serena,” I whisper against her skin. “I can’t let his happen. It will destroy us.” I pause for a second but get no reaction from her. “I’m going to go now,” I continue, “but I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything.”
                She doesn’t move. As I pull away from her I notice the goosebumps that slowly explode their way down her neck. When I realise she’s not going to answer me or acknowlege me, I pick my jacket up off the deck, shake the sand off and walk away from her.
                She isn’t ready for me yet. I’m not even sure that I’m ready for her either but I know I’ve gone past the point of being able to keep a hold of myself now. I shouldn’t be kissing her. I shouldn’t even be talking to her. I let the door of the hut slam shut behind me and stride across the cool sand. When exactly was it that I went from hating her to wanting her anyway?
                I kick the sand off my boots when my feet finally meet the concrete and yank open my truck door, throwing my coat onto the empty seat next to me. I climb into the cab and shove the key into the ignition. I glance back at the hut and shake my head. Everyone says I’m a shit, and that I don’t care about anyone or anything. If they’re right, then why does it feel as if there’s something choking me right now? I huff and slam the truck into reverse. As I drive away from her a thought that I can no longer keep locked away seeps out and swims through my mind.
I wished I’d never found Serena Scott.  

No comments:

Post a Comment