Friday 17 May 2013

Review: HOPELESS by Colleen Hoover

Hello lovelies,

I recently read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover and posted my review on Goodreads, so I thought I'd share it with you. 

Hope you like it!

Beckie x


Wow! Wow! And wow! 

First of all I don't do spoilers so you can carry on reading and not have to worry about me spoiling it for you. Second of all this is my new favourite book! Real, proper favourite. And the reason I loved it so much wasn't because of the epic storyline (although it was epic), it wasn't because I loved Sky (I did love her), it wasn't because I loved Holder (swwoooon alert), it wasn't because I loved the second characters (i did love them, especially Six, shame we didn't hear from her more really) it was because.....the book was written how people actually speak! It was so easy to read and it flowed and weaved over the pages wonderfully fast! Now that might not make sense to a few of you, so, think about how we speak when we're talking to friends. It's short. A little clunky at times. We shorten words. We sometimes just say one word instead of saying a whole sentence just because we can. We don't have to make sure the second sentence follows directly on from the first. I hate when authors over grammatise (yes, I just made that word up) speech or conversations. We just don't speak like that, well, maybe you do if you're the queen. 

Anyway.....A wonderful, heart-wrenching story that gripped me from around the second page. Colleen Hoover has bowled us all over again! What a stunning piece of writing. If I could give it more than five stars then I would. This book is easily in the top 5 that I've read in the last 12 months and I'm recommending it to all of my friends!!

If you haven't read it, read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment